Wednesday, September 17, 2014

An Open Letter to Manufacturers and Suppliers of Children's Clothing

Dear Children’s Clothing Manufacturers and Suppliers,

In case you haven’t noticed, fall is just arriving now. I don’t need snow suits yet, instead my girls need fleece lined jackets and splash pants. While these were in abundance over a month ago when I was looking for t-shirts and shorts, there’s none to be found now.

I am a busy mom and don’t always check if my child’s jacket fits until she actually needs it. Then it’s finding time to get to the store to look for said jacket or other article of clothing they seem to have magically outgrown. This usually happens during the season the article is needed, not months before.

I wish I had time to sort through their closets and weed out everything that doesn’t fit in one shot. Unfortunately, that’s not the case (I think there’s still some size 2 items in my four-year-old drawer). In the morning, after my children get dressed and I look at them, hopefully before they head out the door, I see that pants are too small, shirts are a touch short or jackets don’t fit. I will admit that there have been times where we arrive at school and my older daughter hops out of the van and, to my surprise, she looks like she’s preparing for a flood

Clothing manufacturers and suppliers, I’m not as fast as you seem to think I am. Please stop forcing stores to purchase and put out seasonal items so far ahead of time, only to stop carrying them during the season they are needed so stores can’t reorder. You may actually make more money.

Have you ever tried finding a snow suit in March because you child has broken the zipper on hers? Or searching for splash pants in May? I guess not or you would understand.

Please stop rushing things, life goes too fast as it is.

Sincerely,
A mom who can’t shop as quickly as you think she should

P.S. The same goes for putting out Halloween items before back to school or Christmas items in September (yes Wal-Mart, I saw them yesterday!).

No comments:

Post a Comment